Wednesday, February 9, 2011

La Vita Romana

So, now it has been quite a few weeks here in Italy and I am starting to really get into the groove of things. We have figured out where all the necessary stores are...and how to cook in the kitchen in shifts....and schoolwork is sortof in a regular schedule. Which means, life is starting to become somewhat normal here in Rome. We haven't really gotten to go to any NEW ruins or monuments or anything, but just about the only big thing I haven't been to yet is the Coliseum. =/ I will soon though.

This past weekend, the weather started to take a turn for the better. It warmed up to over 60 degrees and it was sunny and BEAUTIFUL. Some of the other people in the program, who live in another apartment, had a party on their rooftop terrace this past Sunday, and it was GREAT. There was plenty of good food and good wine and it was the first time everyone in the program got together. I wasn't sure that it would be so fun, but it turned out to be a great time. =)

Other than that party, school has been the only thing that has been taking over my life. This weekend we go to Florence and we get to climb the dome of the Florence Cathedral, and I am SO EXCITED about that. It sounds super cool. =) So, after my weekend trip, I will have plenty more to talk about and show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment