Thursday, January 27, 2011

Week 2

Well, I have survived my second week of classes here...well, almost. All I have is Italian in the morning and a walking tour, but they don't count.

A lot has gone on this past week actually, so I have a lot to catch you all up on. First and foremost, the first emergency room visit: last Friday, one of the girls who lives with me tripped on a cobblestone (they are vicious here!!) and landed on her knee. So bad that it busted it open all the way down to the bone. She was in the hospital overnight and had to get 21 stitches and is, needless to say, using crutches for a while. This also means that she is missing out on all the walking tours that we have been going on..seeing some more of the city that we haven't yet. She is doing fine now, just hobbling around the house and to the classes that only involve sitting in the room, and she goes back for a check up next week.

Now, the walking tours. We are taking a lot of classes here that seem to overlap when it comes to content. This means that we hear a lot of the same information over, and over, and over. AND we seem to go to the same places in Rome a lot. Which is ok, because it is all beautiful. =) This week we spent a lot of time at the Capitoline Hill and the surrounding monuments, ruins, and piazzas. There is so much history in this city, it is overwhealming. The only downfall to all these walking tours is that I am SO SORE!! My hips, knees, calves, ankles, and toes all hurt. I feel like I'm an old woman when I wake up in the morning all sore. I still haven't been down to the Coliseum yet....but we plan on going sometime this weekend. We all want to go at night because I'm sure its SUPER GORGEOUS at night.

And YESTERDAYYYY we got our plans for Spring Break ironed out!!!! I bought my tickets to Barcelona AND Paris!! I canNOT believe it. I know I bought the tickets and everything, but it is so surreal to think that I am going to be in Barcelona and Paris in a few weeks. I can't believe it. It is going to be CRAZY. Ah! Can't wait! Only a few more weeks and before then, I get to see my friend Julie who is coming to visit me! =)

Next few weeks should be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment