Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fresh off the Boat


I am finally here!! I feel like this day has been talked about for SOOOOOO long that it is surreal. Although I arrived here in Rome at 8 am, it didn't really hit me that I AM IN ROME until my walking tour at 4 pm. Upon first inspection, the city seemed not much different from New York because of all the graffiti everywhere and the trash...but then on the walking tour, the sun was setting and we were walking across a bridge over the Tiber River and it all just hit me. I literally felt like I was in a dream. Everything was so peachy and mellow and beautiful! It really was just amazing.

Other than that walking tour, my roommates (Xing, Olga, Bernie, Alyshia, and Naida) and I just wandered around in search for a supermarket to pick up some last minute needed things. We are still struggling with three very important things though:

1) Converters and adapters for electronic devices...
2) Hot water
3) General heat for the apartment.

The place is cute and pretty and super Italian, but FREEZING COLD. The hot water is working now..but it is hard to figure out how to get it just right...not too hot, not too cold. Other than that, the apartment is a freezer. It was warmer outside today than it was in our apartment. But, it's great so far and I know this is really going to be an enjoyable experience. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment